Ok, now that we're three days into 2012 I've actually given it some thought!
Here's some things that I'm pleased about from 2011:
- Would you believe that my blog turned one on December 31st! I'm not known for finishing projects or persevering with things, so I'm very proud of this little blog!!
- I'm so happy about being pregnant & having our little boy in six weeks(!). We had some trouble getting pregnant with Evie, and again with this little baby, so I feel truly blessed!
- I'm so proud of myself for sewing more this past year & being creative.
Here's some things that I'm excited about for 2012:
- I want to keep up my blogging & creative mojo with the new baby. I know my energy levels aren't very good & I easily get exhausted. I really want to keep pushing through to keep up with the blog & to keep sewing & being creative as well, I'll feel much better for it! I really enjoyed completing '12 days of a camera Christmas' in December and I think a key to maintaining this blog will be to introduce some regular features to keep me in line. I'll put my thinking cap on about this, any ideas?
- I would like to take more risks & be more creative with my appearance. I really enjoy all the fashion & beauty inspiration that I find on blogs & Pinterest, but it doesn't come very naturally to me. Especially as I get my figure back after baby & feel a bit more like 'me' I'm looking forward to experimenting a bit!
- I've got a housework schedule that I'd like to keep up with (idea stolen from a friend!). Each weekday I've designated a different 'zone' of the house (ie, Mondays is Lounge Room). My aim is to keep the house clean & in order by doing a little everyday, fingers crossed, I'd really like this to become a natural habit.
- Evie will start pre-kindy in February, which she is super stoked about! I aim to walk to kindy & back with her each session (only once a week to start, but once she turns four it will be a few times a week). Exercise is not really my friend, but this walk (five minutes each way) seems like a great place to start!
- Roger & I have our nine year anniversary tomorrow, I know, where has the time gone! I'd like to work on our marriage a bit this year; have fun & excitement, plan some date nights & keep it sexy (ha! hope that's not too much information!)