Monday, January 16, 2012

Wedding recap!

My sis-in-law Laura was married to Ryan on the weekend, such an amazing day!

We spent the morning getting ready at her folks place, which was surprisingly relaxing. It helped that I was the only bridesmaid so we weren't too busy or rushed. We had quite a lovely time chatting as we had our hair & make-up done.

Here's a couple of snapshots that Rog took before we left for the church:

 my lovely flowergirl!
Dress: David Jones
Hairclip: a vintage shop

Dress: Forever New (although you can't really see it here!)

The service was lovely. My flowergirl walked the aisle like a pro, and although she was a bit wiggly & jumpy during the service, wasn't too bad! Ryan surprised his bride with a song & brought a tear to every eye!

Here's a pic of our gorgeous group of girlfriends (taken by the photographer Meg on a friends camera):


How stunning is the bride, am I right!?!
On the other side of the bride you might have spotted my sister Megan,
and on the far left is Kate from little adelaide kate!

We spent the afternoon taking photos, Meg Hansen, the photographer, is amazing. She gives really detailed instructions & knows great little spots for photos!

The evening reception was full of ambience, amazing food & some oustanding(!) dancing at Our Place@Willunga Hill.

A perfect day!!

ps - lets not talk about how trashed & tired it left me! And the enormous sunburn across my shoulders & back, ouch!! ok, so other than that, perfect!

4 comments:

  1. Naw! Evie looked adorable, and you looked stunning!! I totally agree with you... Prettiest bride ever. No man can beat Ryan's beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry Kate, you'll be the prettiest bride ever too!! hope there were some good tips to steal from Laura's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo of you Laura is just beautiful! And Evie was the perfect flower girl and did so well. I can only imagine how tired you were the next few days.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to read my blog & comment!